Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sowing and Reaping- Day 341 Through the Bible

Last Day of TRAC Studio Tour

"Choose and cut your own Christmas Tree on a North Carolina Tree Farm. Growing and selling Christmas trees is a major industry in the North Carolina mountains. 1,600 growers produce an estimated 50 million Fraser fir Christmas trees on over 25,000 acres in North Carolina. The NC Christmas Tree business is ranked second in the nation in number of trees harvested annually." We have a grower in Mt. Celo Church, just off of State Scenic Highway 80 S on the beautiful Seven Mile Ridge.

My Meditations on Today's Readings
(Ellipses are mine and are used for contemplation.)

Key Words/Phrases: iniquity, wickedness, fraud, lies, adultery, inflamed with wine, lie in wait, have fallen, derisive, treacherous, aliens have devoured them and swallowed them up, rebel against, lie against, transgressed against Me, fled from Me, rejected the good, made idols for themselves, they sow the wind and reap the whirlwind; where can I go or flee from Your presence; truth, love, look to yourselves

Sowing Wickedness / Reaping Evil – Hosea 7 and 8 – (Facts: What It Says – Summarized) The Pattern of Life Without God:  We have followed the beloved, Chosen People of God since their exodus from Egypt, and we have seen the same pattern – Holy God seeking a relationship with an elect people, and those same people rejecting God over and over.  The words describing their lives are familiar:  iniquity, wickedness, fraud, lies, adultery, inflamed with wine, lying in wait, have fallen, derisive, treacherous, devoured and swallowed by aliens whom they chose over God, rebelling, lying, and transgressing against God, fleeing from God, rejecting the good, making idols for themselves.  God’s Decrees Against the Chosen People: “They do not consider in their hearts…that…I remember…all…their wickedness.  None among them…calls on or cries unto Me…nor returns to Me…nor seeks Me.  They rebel against Me, devise evil against Me, have transgressed My covenant, rebelled against My law.  Israel has rejected the good.  They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. I will bring them down…chastise them…for…Israel has forgotten…his Maker.”  Principle:  The Chosen People are still under the Mosaic Covenant of blessings and curses.  Yet they choose – by their pattern of behavior – the curses.  Unbelief in God – or in what God says – lies at the bottom of this rebellion generation after generation.  Charles Stanley, Life Principles Daily Bible – pg. 1486.  “Affliction is an invitation to repentance, not repentance itself.  A cry of anguish is not the same as a cry for mercy."  How do we handle our affliction?  Charles Stanley  (Ibid.) on “sowing the wind, reaping the whirlwind." (Hosea 7:14): Rarely do we immediately suffer the consequences of our foolish actions.  But we do reap what we sow – much more than we sow, and later than we sow.

Sowing Truth and Love / Reaping the Kingdom of God – John 2 – (Facts: What It Says – Summarized)  The Seeds Sown:  truth and love  Source of Seeds: Christ and the Father - I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth as we received commandment from the Father.  A New Commandment: that we love one another This is love, that we walk according to His commandments.  A Caution: Beware of Deceivers. For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh.  This is a deceiver and an antichrist.  An Admonition: “Look to yourselves…that…we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.”  Believers and Unbelievers: Whoever transgresses…and does not abide in…the doctrine of Christ does not have God.  He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.  (Note:  The elect lady and her children”, to whom the letter is written, are unknown.  Most scholars believe this is either a particular woman, or possibly the church of Ephesus, or perhaps a “code” word for the churches since codes were used during the times of severe persecutions.)  Principle: Throughout our year of study through the Bible, we have been reminded repeatedly that our love for God is evidenced by our walk in obedience to His Word.  Note the walk of disobedience (lives filled with deceit and wickedness) and the harvest from that in the OT reading for today.  Then note the walk of obedience that sows seeds of truth and love and is a manifestation of the believers’ love of God.  Whichever lifestyle we choose to sow, we can be sure that we will ultimately reap the corresponding harvest of consequences.

My Lessons and Applications:  Look to myself.  I have spent another year meditating on God’s Word – on His truth, His prophecies and revelations, the lessons of the saints and the sinners, the saved and unsaved.  Now as the year draws to a close, I am told to look to myself.  John says this truth we have learned, we now know, and it abides in us and will be with us forever.  His following words are: Grace…mercy…and peace…will be with you…from God the Father…and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in…truth and love.  I have, as John says, “worked for” these things this year – searching the Scriptures carefully, thoughtfully, prayerfully.  John warns me to watch myself “that I won’t lose them…that I will receive a full reward.”  Now that I have and know the truth, I must walk in it – working out what has been worked in – through a life of obedience to Him, to His honor and glory. NOTE:  I think it is important to note that negative consequences may come to our lives as a result of the ungodly sowing of others (especially those around us) - not just what we have sown.  There are Biblical precepts in regard to this as well.

A Praise Song Based on Today’s Psalm – Psalm 139:7-10 – Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence?  If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold You are there.  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost part of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.

Emmanuel, I know you know my all
Emmanuel, O I have nothing but you
I’m standing here; I need you to be right here with me.
Emmanuel, may my heart be with you.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
Lord, you’re there for me.
If I go up to the heavens,
Lord, you’re there for me.

Where can I go from You?
Your hand will hold me fast.
Emmanuel, when I awake I’m still with you.

Video Below: The Mariah Carey of Korea - So hyang At Onnuri Church, Seobinggo, Seoul, Korea

South Korea currently provides the world's second largest number of Christian missionaries, surpassed by the United States. GSM, the missionary body of the "Hapdong" General Assembly of Presbyterian Church of Korea, is the single largest missionary organization in South Korea. South Korean missionaries are especially prevalent in 10/40 Window nations that are hostile to Westerners. Seoul contains 11 of the world's 12 largest Christian congregations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment