Sunday, November 24, 2013

Until the Lord Returns – Day 327 Through the Bible


“James the Less” by Kenneth Wyatt of Tulia, Texas - 1 of a series of paintings of the apostles.  Wyatt used people he knew as models (and if I remember correctly) whose personalities resembled that of the particular apostle being painted. Wyatt is a Methodist minister and a gifted Western and Christian artist.  
My Meditations on Today’s Readings
(Ellipses are mine and are used for contemplation)

Key Words/Phrases: His face hidden/not hidden from them, fraud and corruption, patience, then they shall know that I am the LORD, Until the Lord Returns

I Hid My Face / I Will Hide My Face No More From Them– Ezekiel 39 and 40 – (Facts: What It Says – Summarized) God is giving Ezekiel visions of the end times.  Gog and Magog Destroyed by God:  These mighty nations come against Israel, but God Himself will destroy them.  “Then they shall know that I am the LORD.  So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will let them profane My holy name no more.  Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.  Surely it is coming, and it shall be done,” says the Lord GOD.  Magnitude of Destruction:  1) For 7 years, Israel will make fires with the captured weapons, not needing wood from the forests. 2) It will take 7 months for the house of Israel to bury all of the dead – in order to cleanse the land.  God’s Purposes in This: 1) To magnify His name, 2) that Israel and all nations will know that He is God, 3) that the Gentiles will know that the house of Israel went into captivity and fell by the sword for their iniquity: their unfaithfulness to God…so…He hid His face from them(4) to show His mercy on Israel after they have “borne their shame and all their unfaithfulness”...and…that He would hide His face from them no more…for “I shall have poured out My Spirit on the House of Israel,” says the Lord GOD.  The New Temple:  Ezekiel watches as “a man” begins to carefully measure the temple.  Principle:  These eschatological chapters are thought to be describing the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation, and the new temple of the Millennium.  Israel returns to God after this battle.  Ezekiel was granted these visions when all seemed hopeless for Israel and Judah – after 25 years of the Babylonian captivity.

Do Not Turn Away the Face of Your Anointed – Psalm 132:10-18 (Facts: What It Says – Summarized) David’s Plea to God: Israel’s great king, “the man after God’s own heart” is pleading God to never turn His face from him…from his lineage.  He reminds God of His promise and His Faithfulness it:  to set upon David’s throne…forever…the fruit of his body…if…his sons keep God’s covenant and testimony.  David reminds God that He…chose...Zion as His dwelling place…His resting place forever…has promised to abundantly bless her provision…satisfy…her poor with bread...to clothe her priests…with salvation…that her saints would shout aloud for joy…that He would make the horn of David grow…to prepare...a lamp for His Anointed…to clothe...His enemies with shame…that His crown shall flourish.  Principle: God honors His promise to David. The Anointed One – Jesus Christ, the Messiah - will come from David’s line and His kingdom has and will flourish.

Turning Our Faces Toward God – James 5 – (Facts: What It Says – SummarizedCorruption and Fraud:  1) The rich have “reaped up treasure in the last days.  Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields….which you kept back…by fraud…cry out…and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth. 2) Come now, you rich…weep and howl…for your miseries that are coming upon you!  Your riches are…corrupted…your garments moth-eaten…your gold and silver corroded…and their corrosion…will be a witness against you…and will eat your flesh like fire. 3) You have lived on the earth…in pleasure…and luxury…have fattened your hearts as in a day…of slaughter.  You have…condemned…you have murdered the just…he does not resist you.  To the Saints: “Be patient, brethren…until the coming of the Lord.  Be patient.  Establish your hearts…for the coming of the Lord is at hand.  How to Live in the Interim: 1) Do not grumble against one another, brethren, 2) Take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of…suffering…and patience.  Indeed we count them blessed who…endure.  You have heard of the…perseverance of Job…and seen the end intended by the Lord – that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful 3) Do not swear by any oath.  Let your “Yes” be “Yes,” and your “No”, “No.” 4) If suffering...pray, 5) If cheerful…sing psalms, 6) If sick…call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 5) Confess your trespasses to one another, 6) Pray for one another, that you may be healed.  The effective…fervent prayer…of a righteous man…avails much.  7) If one of you wanders from the truth…turn him back.  Let him know…that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way…will save a soul from death…and cover a multitude of sins.  Principle: Until the Lord returns - keep our minds focused on Jesus and His return, pray, praise Him, uplift and encourage each other.  Keep the faith.

My Lessons and Applications – When the world and its corruption are too much with me…refocus on Christ…study and learn from the Word and the lives of the saints before Me in order to not lose heart…sing psalms…focus on praise and worship of Him…fellowship with other believers…until the coming of the Lord.

Video Below:  Sohyang – “Until the Lord Returns” – sung in Korean by a young Christian female vocalist – The WORLD awaits His return!

+South Korea currently provides the world's second largest number of Christian missionaries, surpassed by the United States. GSM, the missionary body of the "Hapdong" General Assembly of Presbyterian Church of Korea, is the single largest missionary organization in South Korea. South Korean missionaries are especially prevalent in 10/40 Window nations that are hostile to Westerners. 
++Seoul contains 11 of the world's 12 largest Christian congregations.

English translation of the songUntil the Lord comes back again, until then, I will continue on this path - narrow road, narrow gate, bearing the weight of my cross.  At the end of this road that I walk, I will see my Lord wait for me. Then my Lord of glory will receive me in His arms. Until the Lord comes back again, until then I will rise up and run to the end. When His glory covers the whole earth, I will stand up and sing His praise. O, my Lord, I love so much. He is the Savior of all. O, my Lord, I love so much, He is the glorious King. O my Lord, I love you so much. You are the Savior of all. O my Lord, I love you so much. You are the glorious King. You are the glorious King!

No comments:

Post a Comment